Sunday, January 18, 2009

Oh, how I miss you!

Hi family! I've missed all of you. How is everyone? Does anyone look at this blog anymore? Things are fantastic in my part of the world. I am officially an unemployed, full-time college student now. It feels strange but is absolutely fabulous. School starts on Tuesday. I'm taking 17 credits, and I'm a bit nervous about that. I won't be working this semester, but one of my classes requires 50+ hours of volunteer work, so I'll keep pretty busy. I hope to be able to head to San Antonio most weekends to see Steph & Sarah (and their families), as well as sneak in some tutoring hours. The family I tutor for doesn't want to give me up just yet, so I'll at least be making a little bit of money here and there. I'm really excited for school to start. I'm mostly taking generals, so I'm not too thrilled about those classes. I do have one Social Work class, though, and I'm looking forward to that. I'm also pretty excited for my tennis class. I've always wanted to learn how to play. I hope I like it. LOL. This was my first Sunday "away" at school. There is a small student branch here. It's much smaller than I had anticipated (there were probably about 20 people there today), but everyone was very friendly. I felt right at home. Plus, my companion from the Madrid MTC just moved here for grad school. It was quite a surprise to see her come into the chapel. I'm excited to catch up with her; we haven't seen each other since the day we left the Madrid MTC over 5 years ago. Small world!

I hope you are all doing well. I'd sure love some updates, including pictures. It's been too long! :)

I love you all!

Becky

PS: Here's my new address (for the next six months at least):

109 Craddock Ave., #603
San Marcos, TX 78666

2 comments:

Rachel said...

SOOO cool about your MTC companion! You gotta love that! Man, that's so cool. That just made me smile. Glad to hear you're doing well. I miss you sis! Have fun in your new ward and get those boys to notice and see how AMAZING and AWESOME you are! :)

Rebex said...

Boys? Did I say anything about boys? There aren't any here. LOL. I'm still loving it, though. :)