Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Belated July 4th!

Living the Military Life as an Army family, brings to mind ever more deeply the daily cost of our Freedom. Stephanie can tell also tell you that this life isn't the easiest. It is definitely rewarding but so far from being easy. We are going to take a brief stroll down memory lane.

July 13th, 2006, I saw my husband off to train for the demands of military life. I spent six months pretty much alone as a new wife. During that time, we lost our beloved twins, and were each forced to go through that alone. That was just the beginning of our united yet separate lives. I recall the day we met again for his Basic Training Graduation. The adage "distance makes the heart grow fonder" is very true - especially in our case when the distance may get very far and long.

Josh and I were stationed here at Fort Lewis and have been through our ups and downs. There is nothing like having a baby in the military. At least everything is free... Josh got promoted to Specialist effective July 13th, 2008. He has worked so hard for this. The Army has already given him several awards as well as looks at him with a lot of respect and so do I.

July 4th brought to mind the reality of deployments however. just before the fireworks, they played a slideshow in honor of the Unit that just got back from their tour to Iraq. I know the Army Wife is supposed to be strong. However, my heart was breaking just thinking about the day when I know he too will be called to war and I will be the wife and mother right here waiting for him to come back. It's so hard to see what the soldiers go through while they are on their tours. The price of freedom is not cheap. Considering we have a Soldier in our midst, let's especially remember to pray for our troops as well as their families. God Bless the U.S.A.

1 comment:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Teresa,

Yes of course I remember you. I actually keep up with this blog (Rabecca invited me to it) so I do know what you guys have been up to. Its good to hear you guys are doing good. Your daughter is gorgeous. Please tell Josh hi for me.